Depending on the type of DVR you have, viewing CCTV footage on your iPhone is possible. All you have to do is download a given App through the App Store and install it. Here is the procedure for the SuperCam App by SuperDVR (which is Free).
iPhone Viewing Directions -
1. Navigate on your iPhone to find the App Store, you will be redirected to the App Store page.
2. Touch the Search icon and search for an application called "SuperCam". Touch the "SuperCam" and the App info. appears.
3. Touch on the "Free" button. The button will then turn into "Install". You will need to type in your iTune password for verification purposes. Touch "OK" after you are done.
4. After you touch "Install" the icon will appear and indicate it is installing. After installation is complete, the SuperCam will appear below the icon.
5. Touch the "SuperCam" icon. The Menu will appear. Select "System Setting" and the Login Settings Page appears.
6. Type in the Server Host Name or IP address in the Server Box. Then type in the Username and Password of the account signed by the DVR administrator. After the information is typed in, press "Done" and then the "Back" button. The SuperCam menu appears.
7. Touch "Live View" to view DVR cameras live. Enjoy!
27th of July, 2010